Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Post #1

Welcome!
So I've tried this blogging thing before, but never really stuck with it. Recently I've immersed myself into the online world of knitting, and have had so much fun reading all the knitting blogs it has made me want to start my own!
A little bit about myself: I am an architect living in Chicago. When it's cold outside I spend my weekends and evenings knitting. I learned to crochet when I was young and have done that for many years, and have recently taught myself to knit and love it! When it's nice outside (from about April to October) I spend my weekends skydiving. I started skydiving almost 4 years ago now and it is a great passion in my life. It's not at all crazy or reckless like the general population thinks, and I am on a (4-way) competitive team. Though you may not think that skydiving and knitting would complement each other, they do. Both are relaxing and can lead to intense focus. For such a small community in skydiving, there are a surprising number of knitters and crafters. I personally know 4 people who knit that I jump with.
This blog will basically be about my knitting, and when the skydiving season starts up, about that too. With maybe a little architecture and everything else thrown in. Should make for a good variety!

No comments: