Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jaywalker, why do you hate me so?

I had to frog it. I hate frogging knitting. It's extremely stressful for me to have all those little loose loops just hanging out, needing to be picked but then before I get the chance to they slip away from me. I was loving this sock, and the pattern, and how the striping yarn was knitting up with the pattern. Enchanting. Then this morning I got the brilliant idea to make sure it fits. After I'm about 2 inches into the pattern. The ribbing was fine but for some reason the pattern was knitting up soo tight with hardly any stretch there was no chance in hell it was going over my hand, let alone my foot. I don't understand. So I snapped a photo and ripped back to the ribbing, only loosing one stitch in the process, I think...
I guess I'll have to increase around to make the larger size, and if that's still too small then I'll have to go up a needle size as well. I just don't understand why it's creating such a tight unyielding fabric. I'll be knitting at lunch time today for sure.

2 comments:

Annie said...

this exact same thing happened to my daughter the other day. she is a new knitter, so it was heartbreaking. i'm sorry that you had the same problem. grrr huh?

Sara said...

Totally grr. I could be half way done with this sock by now if it would just do what I wanted!