Thursday, January 31, 2008

I give up

I knit you up. You were beautiful but oh so wrong. Rip rip rip. I knit you again. I added 10 stitches, I knit so loose the stitches were falling off the slippery needles. I knit all the way to the place of the first rip. Still enchanted by your pattern all was looking good. Trying you on you slipped nicely over my foot. And stopped at my heel. I give up. You win. Rip. Rip. Rip. You get a ribbed cuff, and will jaywalk only for the foot.

Annie commented yesterday that her daughter, also a beginning knitter, had the same problem with the pattern. The only thing I can think now is that I need to use a slightly thicker, stretchier yarn for this pattern. I have some left over from another pair of socks and i'll swatch with that to see. I should probably do a search online to see what people say about this. It just makes me so mad because I LOVE the way it looks with this yarn, but I guess it's just not meant to be. It looks fine with the plain ribbing too, but not as awesome as the zig-zags. At least I know the pattern will work on the foot, so I'll get to indulge myself a little, and maybe even finish the socks while I'm at it.

No comments: