Wednesday, February 13, 2008

slow like spring

My knitting has be lagging, which is part of the reason my blogging has be lagging. I keep knitting on the ribbed socks. They look the same, only bigger. About an inch to go and I can start the toe. I'm still enjoying the sock, and it gets knit on the train, which is close to the only knitting I've been doing lately. Part of the reason for that is my gym schedule, and part is, well I don't know. The winter maybe. We just keep getting hit with snow and cold and snow and ice and it is getting old. Spring needs to be here now. I was looking at my skydiving pictures from last season and my mouth was just watering. I want it to be warm and sunny with blue skies, and I want to be crouched in the door of a plane ready to exit. I seriously miss it and am totally jonesing. My tunnel trip couldn't come at a better time I think. Just 10 more days or so and I'll be in warm and sunny California, visiting with family, soaking up the spring time weather (my parents are there right now and have not been stingy with the details of how nice the weather is) and getting some much needed tunnel time. With the road trip and the lazy days I'm hoping to get quite a bit of knitting done. The branching out scarf is nearing completion. I knit a repeat or two here and there and the yarn is running out. Very encouraging. The baby sweater hasn't gotten any love. I'll finish the branching out scarf first.
Sunday should have been a productive day for me. I got up at a decent time. Went to the gym. Got home showered and ate, and as I was knitting away on branch out I just got so tired I couldn't stay awake. I laid down in bed (about 3 or 4pm) and didn't wake up until Monday morning! I can't imagine what I was so tired out from. I though all this exercise was supposed to give you more energy, but all I seem to do is go to work, come home, go to the gym, come home, shower and go to bed. day in and day out. And I had just the worst time trying to sleep last night and the night before, probably since I slept too much on Sunday, but that doesn't make me feel any less tired. It's getting annoying. Perhaps the lack of sunshine and warmth is causing my fatigue. 9 days and counting to California.

No comments: