Monday, February 4, 2008

Pea Pod Set

 


I got a good start on the baby pea pod set. I knit up one arm on Friday evening and the hat on Saturday. I was a little afraid to start first with the body so that is why I started with the smaller items first. Actually, that is why I've never knitted a sweater before. Large projects intimidate me. I'm all about the instant gratification, so I like small things I can knit up quickly and say 'yay another fo!'.
I know this doesn't make a ton of sense, because I could knit a sweater with the same number of stitches as a pair of socks, but sweaters just seem like such a huge commitment. So I'm starting with a baby sweater. Less of a commitment, and I've been in love with this pattern since I first saw it, and have just been waiting for a baby to come along.
It's knitting up quite nicely, and I am pleased with the yarn as well. I may yet finish it before my trip to california.

No comments: