Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The ex-jaywalker

The socks are coming along. I turned the heel last night and decided they would just be ribbed socks. I really like the way it is turning out, even better when I tried it on.
We're getting swamped with storms out here. I don't even know where they are all coming from. Rain and snow and freezing rain, wind and ice and cold. Crazy weather. I woke up at 5am this morning to the sound of running water thinking my roommate was running late in the shower (he normally leaves the apartment around 5am) and then realized that he had called last night saying he wouldn't be home. I didn't figure out until I had gotten up around 6am that the 'running water' was actually bouts of pouring rain outside. This kind of weather makes me want to curl up with my cat and a warm blanket and some tea and knit all day long, which, see how it's wednesday, isn't happening because I'm at work. I am drinking lots of tea and thinking about knitting though.

No comments: